July 13, 2005
Attending (14): Jeff Beitel, Holly Brown, Kate Foster, Dianne Herrin, Malcolm Johnstone, Tom McEvoy, Deb Pekala, Marybeth Phillips, Shelagh Purnell, Lane Randall, David Reese, Jim Salvas, Linda Scott, Anne Walters.
The following items were discussed:
- Malcolm Johnstone, Director of the W.C. B.I.D. gave a presentation about the 501(c)(3) non-profit status corporations in Pennsylvania. A lengthy discussion was held on the details of the organization. No vote was taken on the establishment of this type of organization for The Friends of Marshall Park. More discussion on this will be held at our next meeting.
- Packets were distributed by Marybeth Phillips including logo options and a questionnaire to help establish a mission statement. Dianne Herrin offered to help with the mission statement.
- Bill Scott submitted an example of a possible fund raising idea. The paper weight is a replica of the USGS Bench Mark that exists in the park.
- Shelagh, of the WC Parks and Rec Board recommended that we submit a few facts on MSP including the announcement of the formation of our group and the date of our next meeting to be included in Park Notes in the Activity Guide. Deadline for these notes is the first week in August. We need a volunteer to write this up and email Shelagh.
- It was discussed that a free checking account be opened for the Group with two signatories. Anne and Jeff volunteered to be the signers and Jeff will open an account for us. Any donations would be deposited into the account and a financial report shared with the group at every meeting.
- Shelagh announced that the Parks and Recreation Group would be held on the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30pm, room 234 at the Borough Hall. Jeff, Anne and ? volunteered to attend the first meeting. (Please advise about the 3rd volunteer! Thanks).
- Flyers will be prepared announcing the next meeting. Jim and Tom both volunteered to distribute. Flyers will be ready at Annešs house on Monday, July 25th.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:10 PM.
Next meeting: Wednesday, July 27th at 7:00 PM at the Gazebo.
Help pass the word!!
Please let me know if you find errors and omissions in these minutes.