June 29, 2005
Attending (15): Jeff Beitel, Holly Brown, Reese Davis, Becky Hamilton, Dan Hamilton, Steve Hansen, Dianne Herrin, Deb Pekala, Marybeth Phillips, Lane Randall, Emily Richards, Jim Salvas, Bill Scott, Shirley Shoffner, Nancy Steenhusen, Anne Walters.
The following items were discussed:
- All agreed that Marybeth Phillips should proceed in getting the paperwork for establishing The Friends of Marshall Park as a non-profit organization and obtaining 501(c)(3) status. It was agreed that a contribution of $25 per family would be required to pay for the $384 filing fee. Checks should be made out to Marybeth Phillips and delivered to her at 430 N. Matlack Street, phone 610-436-4134. She will provide receipts for the contributions.
- Formation of sub-committees was discussed. Theses sub-groups could more effectively focus on the variety of issues and tasks that the group wishes to address. Some of the committees discussed were:
a. Representative to the Borough.
b. Fund raising.
c. Planning committee.
d. Finance committee.
- It was suggested that we distribute flyers promoting the Friends of Marshall Square Park group at the next movie night at Marshall Square Park on July 12. Jim Salvas will work with Marybeth Phillips on this.
- Bill Scott reviewed the list of projects that are on the list in the Park and Recreation Improvements General Action Plan. Other projects need to be added. More specific information is required about the cost of renovating the existing shed to present to Council and Parks and Rec.
- It was agreed that we should proceed with opening a bank account for the group as soon as possible.
- Emily Richards has offered to help with the development of a logo for the group and will present options at the next meeting for review.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:00 PM.
Next meeting: Wednesday, July 13th at 7:00 PM at the Gazebo.
Help pass the word!!